Whether you are buying your first home, refinancing or in the market for a second home look to Denver Fire Department Federal Credit Union for your financing options. We offer a variety of home loans from fixed-rate loans to variable rates including 5 & 10 year Rapid Payoff Mortgages, 15, 30 and 40 year loans and Second Mortgages. We will help explain the process and find a loan that best suits your needs.
First Mortgages Loans
- Fixed and Adjustable Rates
- 15,30,40 Year Terms
- FHA/VA Loans
- Jumbo and Balloon Loans
- Local underwriting and servicing with DFDFCU and Centennial Lending
Rapid Payoff Mortgages
Pay off your current mortgage in 5 to 10 years and save money on interest payments while possibly even lowering your current monthly payment. These loans are ideal for members with 15 years or less to pay on a traditional 30 year loan and with a credit score of 680 or above*.
- Rates are fixed—current rates (make a link to loan section of rate page)
- $495.00 closing cost*
- Available on 1st mortgages or owner occupied residences and second homes not used as a source of rental income.
- RPM loans also offer cash out refinancing
- DFDFCU will hold and service these loans in house.
*$495 closing charge is subject to change at any time and does not include charges for property appraisal if required. Appraisal charges will be paid by the member. All loans subject to credit approval and qualification to include loan to value position of the property.
Second Mortgages/Home Equity Line of Credit/Interest Only HELOC
If you are a homeowner, you may borrow money against the equity in your home with a fixed rate second mortgage or a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) to pay for home improvements, college expenses, an upcoming wedding, or many other large ticket expenses that may be ongoing or one-time.
These fixed rate loans let you borrow a set amount of your equity. Payments are based on the full loan amount you take out, whether you are using it all or not.
- 80% to Loan Value Fixed Rate & Terms 60, 120 & 180 Months
- No Points, Fixed rate and maturity, Maximum loan of $100,000, Title Policy, appraisal, closing costs and recording fees paid by borrower.
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
A HELOC is a revolving line of credit account that permits borrowing from time to time, at the homeowner’s discretion, up to a set credit limit. Meaning, as you pay down the balance of your loan, your funds become available to use again. Common advantages of home equity loans include lower interest rates than most other types of loans and the interest you pay may be tax deductible. Contact your tax advisor for more information.
Interest Only HELOC
Maximize Your Equity… with an Interest Only Home Equity Loan
The lowest possible monthly payment, with even greater flexibility. This loan is ideal if you’re looking for more control over your cash flow and budget.
- Enjoy lower monthly payments with the option of paying just the interest and as much principal as you want over a seven year period
- Minimum initial advance is $2,500, with subsequent advances at $500
- 7 year draw period (interest only payments) with a 10 year repayment plan
The DFDFCU Interest-only Home Equity Line of Credit offers benefits that save you time and money.
- Quick approval process
- Pay nothing unless you use your line of credit
- Borrow up to 80% of your home’s value upon qualification*
- Potential tax savings — the interest may be tax deductible (consult your tax advisor)
- Convenient automatic payment options for interest only payments
- Access your funds conveniently via Internet Banking
* Rates and closing costs are subject to credit qualifications. The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is a variable rate. Your qualifying rate may adjust monthly and is based on the highest Prime Rate as published in The Wall Street Journal as of the date of any rate adjustment plus or minus a margin. The APR range is from 3.50% to 18%. Seven year drawn period. Repayment term up to 10 years. Property insurance coverage is required. Flood insurance may be required. If the state and/or county in which the collateral is located charges additional fees and taxes, the borrower will be responsible for payment.
Considering building a new home? Our partnership with Centennial Lending allows us to offer flexible rates and terms and experienced lenders who will do their best to make this dream a reality. Even if you’re not ready to build right now, we can help you secure that perfect lot with a land loan. You can count on Centennial Lending to offer the same prompt, personal, local service you’ve come to expect from your Credit Union.
- Residential Construction
- Commercial Construction
- Development Loans
- Vacant Land
- Flexible Interest-Only Construction Financing
Construction Loans - Apply Online.
*Standard credit qualifications apply. All loans are subject to final credit approval. Please consult your tax advisor, as interest paid on these loans may be tax-deductible. All second mortgage products are financed on homes in Colorado only.