June 18, 2020 - Update
The COVID-19 pandemic has led consumers to increasingly turn to digital payments, enabling fraudsters to hide among the larger volume. Fraudsters are also taking advantage of the pandemic, using fear and uncertainty to victimize consumers. Although, DFDFCU and affiliates are actively working to reduce the risk of fraud and scams on the Zelle Network, we want to remind you the importance of protecting your Zelle and DFDFCU accounts by following these tips and best practices.
Tips & Best Practices:
• Your financial institution will never call you to request information you received via text (SMS)
• Don't provide your account number or personal information by email or text
• Don't trust caller ID; Caller ID may be modified to show your financial institution's name
• Don't feel pressured to provide information immediately in response to requests via text, email or phone. Using their published phone number, reach out to your financial institution to confirm that the request is legitimate.
• Don't give information over the phone if you receive a call stating that a transaction is canceled, even if the caller claims to be from your financial institution. Once again, contact your financial institution using a published phone number to inquire about the transaction.
• Don't click on links in unsolicited emails or texts
• Don't give an unsolicited caller remote access to your computer
• DFDFCU will never call you to request that you send money, ask for account information or approve a transaction.
Scam and Fraud Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Important Reminders:
• Be aware of charity scams that claim to help COVID-19 victims and their families, along with investment schemes involving research for the development of a vaccination
• Some scammers claim to be from medical organizations that have a COVID-19 vaccination and require over-the-phone payments to reserve a dose
Other COVID-19 Scams
June 1, 2020 - Update
DFDFCU resumed normal operating hours today. The Financial Center and Call Center are now open 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday. If you plan to visit our Financial Center – please help our Management Team in maintaining a safe hub of operations:
• Our team members will wear face masks when conducting business with you. We encourage you to wear a face mask also.
• Our team members who have not been feeling well, are required to stay home. We ask that members do the same.
• Our lobby will remain closed to members conducting business. As we have operated during the last several weeks, the waiting area is open, our team members will serve you from a safe distance. While waiting, we encourage you to maintain a safe social distance from others conducting business.
• We ask that one person per household conduct business in the Financial Center whenever possible.